mercredi 28 novembre 2007

2 New Songs In The Masala Mailbox

This blog as moved to masalacism.com. Please update your bookmark.

Ce blog est déménagé sur ce site masalacism.com. Merci de faire la MAJ de votre bookmark.

masalacism.com


During the last couple days we received 2 great tracks at Masala. We love receiving great tracks so please send more our way (click the envelope on the right side)!

Ghislain Poirier
is sharing a track from one of the many hip-hop cassettes he bought in Senegal a couple years ago. Let him explain:

"I was in Burkina Faso in 1998. On my way back to Montreal in January 1999, I had a 12 hours transit via Dakar to take the plane Dakar-NYC. Yes, at that time there was a direct flight Dakar-NYC with Air Afrique.
During my 12 hours transit, all Senegal was celebrating because the ramadan just finished and it was the first real big meal ! I had the chance to go downtown Dakar and driving a car for the first time in Africa (nice experience) to chase some African Hip-Hop cassettes that I wasn’t able to find in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso). On the many cassettes that I bought that day there was Senerap Freestyle 1 (1997) and Senerap Freestyle 2 (1998).

Still today, I love these cassettes and I finally did a cassette rescue and
digitalized them. BNP "Yow milédal" is taken from Senerap Freestyle 1.
"

BNP - Yow milédal 4:05 (Zshare link)

* * * * * *
And today, our good friends from Professor Murder announced a good news! They're releasing a new free 3 songs EP! The EP is called "Professor Murder on a Desert Island" and the first song, "Flex-It Formula" was released today on a new website called RCRDLBL.com. Grab it by just 2 clicks. Also check out the track I played before I flew to South America from their latest vinyl by listening to this previous show.

Aucun commentaire: