mercredi 30 mai 2007

Digital Dancehall Gems: Ward 21 & Half Pint

Here's a couple songs I love this days. I've been listening to a lot of digital dancehall from the 80's lately, while reading that really excellent book by Lloyd Bradley that Ghislain lend me. Still not at the 80's part of the book, but so far I must say that I learned a lot about social and historic context of reggae music emergence, or should I say "modern" popular Jamaican music. On a complementary note, I would suggest having a look on that article by Wayne Marshall that put in perspective the notion of copyright in regards to Jamaican idea of riddim. Nuff said let's groove:



Ward 21 - Petrol From :









Half Pint - Greetings From:









Voici deux chansons que j'aime beaucoup ces temps-ci. J'ai écouté pas mal de dancehall digital des années 80 ces derniers jours, pendant ma lecture de cet excellent livre de Lloyd Bradley que Ghislain m'a pretté. Je suis pas encore à la partie sur les années 80 mais j'ai déjà beaucoup appris sur le contexte historico-social de l'émergence du reggae, ou devrais-je dire de la musique populaire Jamaicaine "moderne". Je suggérerai comme bonne lecture complémentaire cet article de Wayne Marshall qui remet en perspective la notion de copyright au regard de l'idée de Riddim jamaican.

Aucun commentaire: